Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

I Wanna Go Back

I was never a fan of Eddie Money's voice, but these lyrics he didn't pen, but sung, can really ring true. I'm getting ready to have the carpets cleaned, so there is this mad dash to get all the little things tucked here and there up off the floor...out from under chairs. I'm a person with many framed photos hidden in various places. So, I pull out a stack of 3 pictures of my oldest child when she was an infant up until about 2. And all I can think is the chorus of this song. Here's the first 2 stanzas.

I was listening to the radio
I heard a song reminded me of long ago
Back then I thought that things were never gonna change
It used to be that I never had to feel the pain
I know that things will never be the same now

I want to go back
And do it all over again
But I can't go back I know
I want to go back
Cause I'm feeling so much older
But I can't go back I know

And this, my dear readers, is why I can't keep photos of my precious babes around the house for the most part. I've yet to bridge the gap of a happy, blessed life and the reality of it passing. It's not that I want things to be the same, or that I don't love each new phase; on the contrary, I've loved it all so much I simply do not know how to gracefully move on.

My midlife crisis continues, I continue to be a living cliche...

I'll be glad when it's passed, though it would be more fun if I were tooling around in a restored 1973 Superbeetle. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment