Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Being Feminine

The modest mom blog has a nice post about femininity. Rather than say what she's said, I'll just share her words.

Too often we women feel showing more skin than covering ourselves is ideal...and what we think shows strength is actually, weakness. I recall mocking feminine grace and loveliness and exchanging it for working out hard and doing things that were more masculine than feminine.

Christ has such a way of transforming us. I'm not saying everyone woman who drives a motorcycle or rock climbs or caves is the way I was, but rather than cultivate feminine ways (which I had no clue about at the time), I hung out with the guys or women who were like me.

It is truly liberating to not compete with men or engage in activities which are dangerous that I really do not like, at least not anymore (if I ever really loved those things it's hard to say so many years later, but I have serious doubts).

Just as submitting to a husband appears weak to the unsaved or rebellious, it offers a liberating freedom and strength of reliance upon God that otherwise goes unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment