Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Simplifying-Another Look

A few minutes ago my beautiful cat came to sit up on my stomach while I balanced the laptop on my legs. She is a sociable kitty and came for the sole purpose of being pet by me. Obligingly, I commenced rubbing her face in a way that made her lay her neck on my arm, and wrap a paw over the same arm to brace herself while she nuzzled down in total satisfaction. Her purring and body posture told me she couldn't have been more pleased with the service I was providing.

Do you ever want to feel that way? Like everything is perfect? That you are having every need met in a way that fulfills you, while being unencumbered to the fullest extent? My cat sat without a care in the world, and now she is nearby grooming herself in preparation for a lengthy  nights rest. She didn't read about the innocent baby shot in Georgia a short while ago, or the ridiculous Hollywood speech calling for inane censoring, or China and Russia buddying up, or poverty rising in America.

I wonder, why did I read those stories? Maybe I'd feel a little more like my cat if I'd passed them by. Instead I'll go to bed more worried about this world than I was 45 minutes ago. Instead I'll wonder why I didn't heed my husband's advice to avoid the news, trusting he'll fill me in on anything I really have to know. Instead I'll read my Bible at this late hour, trying to regain the peace and trust that I know is here for me as a born-again Christian, fully cognizant of this evil world and how many horrors loom in the shadows.

Sometimes simplifying can be very simple. It need not involve decluttering, cutting out texting or TV or huge hauls to Goodwill. Sometimes it can be as simple as reducing unhelpful input. I know what is 'out there' so to speak; do real life examples help? Am I holier now?

Simplifying for summer...it can start now.

"Oh, Lord Jesus, how long, how long, till we shout the glad song? Christ is coming, halleluiah, halleluiah, amen."?

No comments:

Post a Comment