Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Wisdom in Relationships (Dating)

I've got a good friend whose son grew up alongside one of my daughters. At some point, I was lamenting to her mother that he's her only child left unmarried....and he is dating someone! To my friend, I had mentioned it would be nice to all get together, which wouldn't be easy since her son no longer lives in the area...he's in college and is a man taking charge of his life.

Wisely my friend simply said that she does not get involved with her kids dating lives. That really resonated with me since I've known this lady well for quite some time, and I know she's lived through some things. I've also been on the receiving end of people forming relationships with us solely because one of the children in the family had designs on one of my children. I didn't think my suggestion would be nearly as brazen, offensive or off-putting, but it is still on the same side of the coin.

My good friend has my respect. I took her advice to heart, and decided to steer clear of set ups in any form for my children. 

Prayer,  no games, and I'll continue to befriend people I like as friends for me--no strings attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment