Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Grace to You You Tube Channel

Grace to You

Listening to sermons throughout the week makes housework feel so productive. To get the dishes done plus deepen my spiritual understanding helps me think rightly. Someone who has greatly impacted my thinking is Pastor John MacArthur. Dr. MacArthur doesn't take lightly his call from God to preach the truth. He doesn't feed his ego with th jokes that get a crowd roaring. What He does, and does well, is make it clear that nothing is more important to him than rightly dividing the Word of Truth and doing all he possibly can to redeem the time God has given him.



I was first introduced to MacArthur in college when I was a new believer. A couple of my roommates were charismatic, one was wrapped up in the Word of faith cult, and the other was more conservative but still charismatic. My pastor, Ernie Baker, gave me a copy of Charismatic Chaos by John MacArthur. MacArthur did what he does so well, he explained the Scriptures and challenged my ideas.

It has been 25 years hence, and our library contains many beloved books by Dr. MacArthur. After Patrick Morley's The Man in the Mirror, John MacArthur is next in line for the most given away or loaned materials. He doesn't explain in a pseudo manner, he lays plain the truth of God's word. It is critical we read the Word honestly, ourselves, so we can rightly understand it but we must sit under sound exposition as well. There are men God has called to this task, and believers must be in the care of one of them, locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment