Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Voter Registration at Church

What do I think of this practice? Having someone at church set up to register folks to vote...is it OK? I think it is really best to register people to vote somewhere besides church. Have pamphlets available so people know where else to go to register, but Sunday should be about God and worshiping Him. I don't think taking the focus off of God for political activism is worthwhile. Politics and doing the 'right thing' aren't going to strengthen the body for the labors to be done that week, nor will it transform a life. What of people visiting the church for the first time...is there a chance voter registration would hinder them really understanding the purpose of the church? Regardless of what you think of that, to me it's just not something that really needs to be brought in to church. I continue to believe that if a pastor is teaching rightly in a Christian church, the members will be moved by God to do what they ought to do, which is vote and vote pro-life.

I've heard it said that politics turns the mission field into the enemy. This always gives me pause.


No comments:

Post a Comment