Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Cajun Wednesday Night Dinner

With 2 sick daughters, our school day was atypical. Really this week, each child has had one day off due to this nasty cold going around. I've cleaned the air purifier, changed the furnace filter, and have vacuumed out the vents. The pets have been to the groomer and are amazingly soft and clean. Tons of paint samples are splattered in my dining room and the house is generally in order...so what's a Mom with a little free time to do? Go to the store so she can cook for a couple of hours!


P1050656


My son made biscuits for tonight's dinner :)


P1050657


The chicken, seasoned the way The Unorthodox Epicure did in the post below this one. Hot!


You are looking at Crisco in a hefty cast iron skillet, loving on some buttermilk drenched yard bird (new favorite name for our little pets out back!).


P1050662


I decided rather last minute to make the beans and sausage over rice, also found on Adam's blog. It's a meal in itself, and my husband loved the heat. He added a few drops of one of his sauces to it.

5 comments:

  1. When I want some comfort food out to eat, I should ask you to cater. I'm not even hungry, but I wanted to grab one of those biscuits out of the computer screen. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are so sweet! Thanks for commenting :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Phil said... Those biscuits were calling my name. The chicken and beans are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, your turn to make MY day!! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete