Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Google Mail-Gmail

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-14/google-wants-e-mail-scanning-information-blocked.html

This goes in to why I left Gmail after having quite a good set up with two accounts.

I do not like my email getting scanned in order to send me ads based on what is read. That is outrageous to me. Juno does it and I've kept that account but it is only for business. Any newsletter I sign up for goes to that account. I've got a paid account for my friends. Of course my husband has had the same free account for over a decade. It is a steady one where people CAN find me if they lose track with all the changes. ;)

Tonight I was chatting with some friends, one of whom has known me through many email changes. It really is ridiculous  how often I change email! It's typically been due to too much spam taking over an account, so I'd move on. Sometimes a parameter changed with the server. Sometimes it was due to moving and we couldn't keep an email (sbcglobal.net comes to mind). The bottom line is, it truly is embarrassing how many email addresses I've had since starting with computers. At least my  mailing address has been the same for over 5 years; that is an accomplishment! My family's phone books are a mess under my name due to how much I moved while in college. ;) I guess we can't be perfect in EVERY way!

2 comments:

  1. Might I suggest hush.com, or better still StartMail from the creators of ixquick non-tracking search engine. No ads, no tracking/data storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestions!! God bless~

    ReplyDelete