Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Back on My Knees

Do you remember that old song that says, "Where do I go, when I need some helping? Where do I go, when I need a friend? Tell me, where do I go, when I need some shelter? Where do I go?"

"Back on my knees, again."

I recently posted about having joy in our own lives when those we care about are making bad decisions or struggling in some way...that it is not wrong to separate enough to do have your own life, essentially. And I believe that. We each have our assignments.

But sometimes we are called to bear one another's burdens, and when that is going on, it can feel all-consuming. If only we could retreat from all the world during these storms and read scripture and pray continually.

When we pray for our enemies, God heaps burning coals upon their heads. Some people are our enemies because of what they do to those we love, right? To remember I was once God's enemy and He stretched out His arms and died for me helps me pray for those I may be feeling strong distaste for.

God help us pray for those YOU love.

No comments:

Post a Comment