Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Healthy Caramelized Banana-Pumpkin Oatmeal


P1080827




I wanted to make something low sugar, low gluten, with pumpkin, so did a quick search this morning. With only one student to school today, I've got tons of time on my hands!

I chose a recipe from Annie's Eats and modified it. Her link is at the bottom which uses more traditional ingredients.



This is delicious and could easily work for company, though the banana is a taste that seems more suited to adults. My husband and I devoured this, the kids ate it but weren't in love...not sure how that is, probably the texture of the bananas (heavenly!). The amount of banana doesn't look like it will be enough, but it is. The pumpkin, well, that is a different story. I don't really taste the pumpkin, so think you could add a full cup, reducing another liquid by same amount to accommodate. It does add a subtle, rich undertone in the recipe as written below. If you don't like banana, try apples, peaches or pears. YUM!



P1080821


P1080825



Healthy Baked Caramelized Banana-Pumpkin Oatmeal-this can easily be adapted to be completely dairy free, just substitute olive oil or margarine for the butter. If use olive oil, reduce hot water for steel-cut oats by a scant 1/4th cup.













Ingredients










Directions



Note:

No comments:

Post a Comment