Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Reading What Our Kids Read

Since last week I have thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 books in the Anne of Green Gables series. Last night was the crowing glory thus far, Anne of the Island. I was a little surprised at the romance in the Anne books, considering one of my daughters was only 8 when she read them. In hindsight, it would have been good to read them back then. In current time, it has given me a nice opportunity to discuss what our views of courtship are and what is realistic. The Anne books are delightful fodder for a young mind, but for girls who have a predisposition to be too wrapped up on boys, I don't know that I'd suggest this series. Thankfully, the daughter of mine that's read these is not boy-crazy at all; she's rather like Anne in that regard. It would be very difficult to read everything my children read, but this has served as a worthwhile reminder to me to at least make the effort.

11/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment