Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Inspiring Story of 9 yr old losing 66 lbs

This story just touched my heart. Losing weight is so difficult...and to see this kid do what needed to be done is inspiring. As parents it is our job to model healthy living so our kids get the best shot at doing the same thing when they are older, and seeing how this family walked no matter the weather is motivating to me. I'm approaching 40 and for the last few years various health issues have cropped up. All of them are helped with regular exercise, and keeping the weight where it should be is glorifying to God and will be a good example to my kids. Not long ago I saw a poster of what happens to our internal organs with just 10 extra pounds, then more weight and more weight. It is amazing how crunched up everything gets because of fat pushing on it. Having just returned from vacation, I'm getting serious again about how I eat, noticing that sugar really makes me feel bad, and walking helps my hip and feet now that my doctor has done so much work to get the mobility back. I applaud this family and this little girl and really hope this story will motivate others who have children that aren't healthy to get healthy. It's sure motivating me to do what I need to do to give my family the best me I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment