Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Public School Teachers in My Area--Terrible story

I was having a casual conversation with this nice kid who works at one of the health/holistic stores I shop in. He and I have enjoyed chatting whenever we see each other, and today I was surprised when he went into telling me how he is no longer substitute teaching because the public schools are a joke. The last time he taught it was for a group of autistic children. Veteran teachers had decided to have the kids go to an establishment to clean it. He had no idea why they thought this was a good idea, but what ensued is nothing short of abuse, and while people sit thinking that teachers all really care and their kids are safe, you need to read on.

One child was very overweight so unable to perform the tasks. His teacher began shaming him in front of everyone else, asking him how he would support a family one day and things of that nature. He had a mental breakdown and one teacher VIDEO taped him with her phone. On the bus ride back to school, the teachers were making fun of him.

I am beyond outraged at this, and not completely surprised unfortunately. There are far too many stories about teachers being abusive or kids being abused by people in the school and it getting brushed under the rug. Before anyone goes into how loving so many teachers are, save it. That thinking, even if it is reality, doesn't protect our kids. Who is willing to TEST the system on their precious offspring??? That kind of faith lines up with evolutionary thinking I guess. I can't see any logic or rightness in it.

The young man who shared this with me is intelligent and well-spoken. He always remembers my name, even if it's been well over a year since I've seen him. He had no reason to make this story up, nor did he know how opposed to institutionalized learning I am when he told me. He is no longer disillusioned, because unlike many who go into teaching, his IQ is high. This isn't a slam, check the data which shows  people enrolled in the colleges of education score lower than most others enrolled in college. The trouble is, educators are all told over and over how smart they are. They drink the Kool-Aid, then they do horrible things like these teachers did to this poor student.

For all those who teach and truly care and give of themselves--if you are honest you know what I'm saying is often true. The system won't improve with band-aids, it needs to be scrapped and mass education needs a different model.

No comments:

Post a Comment