Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Little Milestone

Today was a bit momentous. My second-born submitted her final college application. If the school hadn't sent word that unfinished applications would be deleted due to a new system they are installing, we would still be waiting on those essay submissions...but Providence intervened and we're done! Like many events with older kids, what started as a stressful, time-consuming project has suddenly wrapped up. The many essays, proof-reading, and numerous passwords to keep looking up are all a thing of the past....and I'm a little sad about it. Not in a 'I'd like to go back' way, but as a, 'wow, time to move forward yet again toward her leaving' way. 

As with my first-born, all of this happens in a flurry so sadness isn't a part of it. It is just 'get er done'. Now, it is all about scholarship hunting and submitting, praying, and waiting for financial aid packages later this winter. The last thing before deciding...

My job of checking with the colleges to see about courses transferring has also concluded as of today. I did my final, rather offhand inquiry on a bit of a distant possibility this afternoon and added it to our course transfer spreadsheet. When I put the sheet together this school wasn't added as a serious option, so I'm doubtful we'll change course. It was good news though, so between now and Nov 1, if the Lord moves us or our daughter to lean toward the south, next semester might look different. Otherwise we'll look again at Ohio for more dual enrollment. That school makes it more complex than necessary for dual enrollment, so it would be nice to get plenty of bang for that buck!! Of course, applying after that ordeal is easy, so it is a decent trade off ultimately.

I learned a bit today about when home schoolers apply to state colleges that I hope will help if our youngest applies to any. During that conversation I saw again how the Lord works things out as He wills. We do our best and He leads. God, help us to follow! 

Aside from scholarship work, now it is time to capitalize on what I want to work on with my littlest girl before she launches...It will never be like this again and knowing what is to come, I can't even think on that much. How is this soft baby getting ready to leave? Before long it's gonna be me and my Mish during the day...she is pretty fun, but I'd sure love it if the Lord moved us a lot closer to where my youngest will go to college, assuming it will be with his sister 💕.




No comments:

Post a Comment