Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

A Day In the Life

Here is a typical scenario that often happens when homeschooling high schoolers.

One student is loudly speaking Spanish very close by with an open mic; I have numerous pages open on my computer including the scholarship Excel spreadsheet, applying to a college in order to get a dual enrollment transcript through our online high School, my email with long detailed instructions on how to approach this application ; and another student asking me questions about a scholarship that is being filled out that moment.

Before I submit my application, I need the student who is working on a scholarship to look over it to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I jump up to use the restroom, but not without being asked,  "What would you say my greatest weakness is?"

There is no time to answer that question because I'm on a mission, and at that moment all I could think of was, "Your greatest weakness is that I've had to answer this question several times already this semester!"

College applications and scholarships are a great opportunity to probe one's mind with profound, and sometimes annoying, queries. 




No comments:

Post a Comment