Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Proverbs 14:12

"There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."

This verse has continually been on my mind today. When thinking of education, work decisions, priorities...we need to continually seek God's will. So much of how we're supposed to live is clear in Scripture, and if we follow that, there is great satisfaction.

When my kids were young, I didn't have any regular babysitters available. I'd take them with me for all doctor appointments, dental appointments, shopping--you name it. I'd known women who had family nearby to help them out, sometimes quite often, and at times I felt sorry I didn't have that.

Now that I'm older and my kids are older, I'm so thankful things were as they were back then. I wouldn't trade all the time we had together for anything. It was critical to our relationship being what it is today--for the attitudes it developed in me as well as my children. Personally sacrificing for our kids yields great rewards, it is quite a contrast to living with our kids as though having them was just a box to be checked. This includes honoring their father as the provider for the family.

~Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment