Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Discretion

In talking with my husband recently, who is a discreet person if ever there was one, I came to realize that those who are not discreet can be easily (if not incorrectly) hurt by those who are. My guess is that it is a common misconception that discreet people are secretive, or that they are insincere. I thought I'd do a word study on discretion in the Bible, but my NASB exhaustive concordance doesn't have that word in it. Instead I went to 'trustworthy' because a discreet person IS a trustworthy person. Isn't it interesting how the Lord gives circumstances in our lives to help us see areas we need to improve or mature? It's not really fun in the moment, but if we want to be more like Jesus, it is ultimately something to be thankful for.


Proverbs 11:13
He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets,
But he who is trustworthy conceals a matter.

PROVERBS 20:6
Many a man proclaims his own loyalty,
But who can find a trustworthy man?

No comments:

Post a Comment