Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Virginia Is for Field Trips | Home Educators Association of Virginia

Virginia Is for Field Trips | Home Educators Association of Virginia.

Well, this is a find! I could have written the opening statements myself.

We started out doing field trips with a home school co-op when my kids were 2, 4 and 6. It was a great way to get to know the area and meet other home educating families. I found my favorite place to go apple picking as a result of those trips.

Now, after years of honing our academic routine, it is time to start anew with studying the world around us in a hands-on manner. I'll be starting my 11th years of home schooling next year.

Field trips are a great way to reconnect as a family, especially as the kids start getting older. I am finding that there is a need to be intentional with keeping siblings close to one another since outside interests, individual academic endeavors, church structure, and friends can tend to pull us in different directions.

I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and seeing our state with my kids--learning, of course, but also touching on some intangibles.

Evaluating afresh annually,

Ann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment