Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Dogs, Mediterranean Food, Colds...

Tomorrow marks week 3 of me having a cold. It has gotten much better, but I'll still go in to coughing fits. Today was the first day I could make bread and vacuum. It's been one of those colds that has wiped me out of energy. Being a doer, it is obvious when I'm not 100%...or 75%. It was also a day where I felt well enough to go out to lunch, so after registering for our online classes for next year, the girls and I went out to celebrate at one of my favorite places to eat. It's a small Mediterranean cafe that is half restaurant, half grocery store.

If I were to go in to the details of why this food is so fantastic, it would not do it justice, but for some reason I love their Bulgar and moussaka. I mean--LOVE. With just 2 entrees, the 3 of us ate and were very full. What spoke to me was that our very friendly waitress gave me a piece of her fresh banana cake. It was more like banana muffins in cake form, but oh it was warm and delightful. She just shared it with me, and after a minute or two she asked if I wanted some tea with it. It was clearly going to be gratis, and the way in which she offered made it all taste so good. I felt very cared for--nurtured, and after feeling so badly for all this time, it was welcome. I don't think she thought it was weird when I told how it made me feel.

That brings me to my dog. He is a faithful, faithful friend. I rescued him from a traditional pound nearly 15 years ago. He doesn't bark, is forgiving, gentle, submissive and always there when you need him. I've never felt like I walked him enough, and that is a sore spot in my life, yet he's never failed to comfort someone hurting. Even at the vet not long ago, a little girl was sad at being there to say goodbye to her faithful friend, and what did our sweet boy do? Stood nearby while she squatted down to pet him. I saw our boy feel her pain and just 'be there' for her. He's never been a discriminating dog. Happy to go for a walk with anyone passing by, or a ride--he's a dog that loves people and wants to be there for them. God made this dog special.

We're nearing the time to do our last good deed for our dog. He's got congestive heart failure, pulse problems and arthritis. He takes 8 pills a day and sleeps most of the time. His legs are weaker and he's just not feeling good, especially this week.

Soon it will be time for me to offer him his last hot cup of tea. May God give us the wisdom to do it at just the right time, because I don't want to miss nurturing my dog when he really needs me to.


No comments:

Post a Comment