Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

New Things

I'm doing a Bible study at a nearby church, and it has been a fantastic reminder of why it is beneficial to interact with the larger body of Christ than your own backyard body, so to speak. It is like going on vacation and visiting a church, only better. Getting to meet sisters in Christ who otherwise would be strangers is deeply fulfilling. It gives me encouragement to see people I've never met, in my community, who also love God and want to glorify Him. I'm also learning different ways of running a large women's Bible study and I'm grateful for that. It is easy to get into a mindset that the way our own church does things is the way every church does things, and nothing is farther from the truth! There are many ways to skin a cat, as they say. Who 'they' are is certainly up for query...and why would anyone want to skin a cat??

The point is, staying in our own routine can be stifling and discouraging. Praying with believers who are new friends is a joy. Studying and learning from godly women you've only met is a gift. Of course, I'm doing this study at a trusted nearby church. :)


New Packaging



No comments:

Post a Comment