Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Verses of Great Comfort

When it comes to having unsaved loved ones,  nothing comforts like God's word. When I thought it depended mostly on me,  I was consumed and often despaired. God makes it clear it is He who draws people,  gives them to His Son,   and makes the 'dead-in-sin' alive. There is a serious transaction between God Himself and Jesus Christ. I cannot make anything or anyone that is dead- in sin or bodily- come to life in any measure.  All I can do is live faithfully and share the gospel with those God puts in my path. Knowing that, I see that my part is only part of the equation. What I need to do is to trust God and rest in who He is, leaving the results to Him. 

Thanks be to God for His Sovereignty. 

Jn 6:37
All that the Father gives Me will come to Me,  and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 
Jn 6:39
This is the will of Him who sent Me,  that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 

Jn 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 

Jn 10:25-30

(obviously great for eternal security of the believer as well)

Eph 2:4-10
But God,  being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)...
Finally,  in recent years no passage of Scripture has given me comfort like Ephesians 1:3-14, especially verses 3-5. Our good and faithful High Priest is all powerful. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment