Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Guilt by Association?

At what point, living in a sinful world, are we as Christians culpable in the sin of others? The covid shot has people suddenly aware that vaccinations can and often do get tested on cell lines from aborted fetuses. I wish this were not the case, for the covid shot or any product. 

Abortion is heinous. No real follower of Christ can endorse it. But is it endorsing a past sin to use a product tested on those lines? This is a personal issue to weigh out with the Lord.

Is it possible the argument of some of the newly enlightened people is convenient because of the outrage over being forced to do something against their will and better judgment? It is a blessing when we become aware of a new sin we should avoid or repent of, but my question is more about our sincerity. Are we under the impression that China values the unborn or do we buy products made there, thinking what they do isn't on our shoulders, even though they actively abort babies all the time? When am I, as a believer in Jesus Christ, culpable in the sins of others, bearing in mind this is a sin-stained world we live in? 


Parents who are choosing not to vaccinate your children-this is a weighty matter. The affluence of our society and the lack of children with serious diseases has surely made it easier to not vaccinate. We ought not judge other Christians who feel it is worse for them to not vaccinate when the option is there, though. 

Do I wish nothing in society had any connections to abortion? You bet. Did I do all I could to avoid vaccinations tested on fetal cell lines for my children? I tried. Do I believe I'm guilty before God for using a vaccine tested on fetal cell lines? No. Do I believe I'm guilty before God for using the multitude of products produced in wicked countries, by people who promote sin, by companies who hate God? No. Do I try to avoid what I can that doesn't honor God? Yes. Do I pray for the unborn and for God to help me avoid companies that are against Him and products? Not enough.

Let's be sure we are inconvenienced by our anti-abortion stance, if our religious exemption is based on the covid shot being tested on fetal cell lines (leaving J&J out of this discussion). This should probably lead to people researching and ceasing to use other items tested on fetal cell lines--and perhaps think of all of the bad companies producing things we use. It's wrong to play games just because the left lies and because they have no right to ask us to get the shot. They are overstepping our human right to make our own decisions about what we put into our bodies for no good reason. Everyone spreads covid, and if I want to risk a more serious reaction by not having the shot, why do they think they get the right to force me? I'm not a child, imbecile or animal. I'm an adult who can make my own decisions based on my own research and convictions. 


My point in this post is to point out we live in a wicked world and we're impacted by sin all the time, whether we like it or not. Too many people are zeroing in on this one thing as if they are wearing blinders, and in reality, we can't possibly avoid everything that is connected to something bad. We should not go around judging our brothers and sisters in Christ over the abortion aspect of medications or any of the other things like Amazon Alexa--knowing full well Amazon is not a morally upright company with what they endorse (hello banning books that warn about the danger of transgender).

You can find companies who are actively promoting anti God positions on this blog.

Other links regarding fetal cell lines--this one gives the varied views a Christian might have.

https://www.rehumanizeintl.org/post/fetal-cells-in-the-cosmetics-food-and-medical-industries

Simpler list:

https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/fetalproductsall.pdf

More details about J&J covid shot (Please note the fact a Catholic is giving moral opinions does not add to my viewpoint. We don't justify the means by the end. This link does a concise job sharing how the Johnson and Johnson vaccine differs from the others)

No comments:

Post a Comment