Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Quitting Track & Field

Each year after Christmas it's time to evaluate and pray about what we will do the following year. Co-ops, CC, art classes, dance classes, music lessons, service with church etc. get fresh consideration. Only God knows what the year will hold, so it's really something I feel has to be put before Him.

In talking to my oldest about one particular decision I'm on the fence about, it occurred to me that an activity is always most pleasant when it is richly relational. It can be difficult to maintain satisfaction if something was relational but morphs more into just a business situation and thus, not something emotionally satisfying. Next thing you know, I'm recalling high school...

I love how God reminds us of past decisions we've made to make a point. Years and years ago I ran track, but only in 9th and 10th grade. Why did I quit? My best, and only friend on the team, graduated at the end of my 10th grade year. Ruth is still my bosom buddy and well, if we were running on a team even now and she quit, and I had no other friends, I'd probably want to quit all over again. That said, I'm not so sure I can lead with my emotions on bigger decisions as an adult! Even my oldest recognized that this particular decision I'm struggling with could be a growing opportunity.

How about you? Do you find it hard to be involved with something that is really just business? Us people-persons run on the closeness of it all, but I guess old dogs can learn new tricks when it's for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment