Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

Reading Your Own Blog

This blog is my newer one, here for around 10 years. For a time I removed all personal posts in order to run a grassroots effort for friends to get their child back from social services and foster care. I was reading through the comments on this blog and many were from that time. Even though I've moved the posts from that time to Draft status and have resumed this as a personal blog, the comments are still there to look at. 

What has struck me while doing that tonight is the passage of time. Working on that situation was an intense 3 years. It wasn't that long my site was devoted to the situation most likely...I can't even remember, but it was a while. I know my first email to the DSS was 3 years before the situation was resolved and it wasn't long after we moved into a new position with that situation. 

Something interesting is that the stats on this blog are forever messed up which is a frustrating result of running that little campaign. I can't make my Popular All Time posts show up now. Even if I revert those high-count Draft posts to being visible, clicking the All Time button makes that widget go blank. Contacting Blogger years ago over that resulted in nothing. It is a small thing, but I'd like to show different popular posts than 7 days, last month and last year. 



Anyway, time goes fast and when you are this old, which as we discussed tonight is OLD to people in their 20's and 30's....it goes so much faster. It is weird. It is also weird how young you feel on the inside. My dad has said that to me for ages. The only thing that changes is how you look on the outside. That is something worth remembering as we all interact with the elderly. Everyone was young and full of energy once. All of our time will come....

As far as older posts on this site...it is a bit sad my writings from all blogging years aren't here, but that probably helps with the material being more consistent on this blog! Hopefully there isn't anything here that is really out of character for me at this point. I try to go back and read old posts and love how they remind me of days that seem so recent but are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment