Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

November 2022 Post

A strapping 17 year old young man asked me if I'd posted lately, to which I replied, "No". Running a small business has taken the majority of my excess time and energy. When I'm home, there is much to do in the way of home management and home making. I love both of those things, but I'm continually seeing the benefits of this season of working outside our home. 



The busier we are, the more in-focus life's events become. Prioritization is able to be honed when we genuinely need to prioritize! While I pray for God to send us the funds for college, I want to use the time He's given me to work effectively toward the goal we have of  sending our kids to college debt-free. I tend to think that this time of learning to identify as something other than homeschool mom is going to help and bless my kids far more than anything else I could be doing. 



It's like a distant memory to recall going into my husband's office, crying, as I foresaw what was to come....which was me not being a homeschooling teacher. The feelings of being lost, unneeded, unimportant....they were so real and the pain was significant. I'm thankful now to be able to confidently see that there is no need for a homeschool mom to worry or fret as the chapter closes. God has a way of helping us grow into something new as we seek to glorify Him. Giving our kids the space to be their own people is a challenge if we don't get busy with things outside of them. Thinking of myself, my brand as it were, as Cleaning by Jenny, has completely eradicated the need or desire to identify as a homeschooling mom. I used to be that, but now I work hard to help people love the space God has blessed them with. I'm enjoying my children being able to live life on their own, in many regards. And I enjoy meeting new adults, helping them, staying fit and helping my husband meet our goals.

God is good and so faithful! 



No comments:

Post a Comment