Featured Post

Revelation 19: Final Justice: The Return of Christ

Final Justice: The Return of Christ (3 Sermons) (if you just want the sermons without my waxing uneloquently, here is the link!) Things we h...

The Glad Assumption of Sacrificial Responsibility

Seven Important Lessons About Masculinity

The title of this post was shared by my masculine husband as a good definition of manliness. 

I Googled it and started reading up on Doug Wilson since we were discussing him in that conversation, and then I stumbled upon this article, linked to above. 

It mentions how we're made to dance... we do not really dance, but the image of how beautiful it is to see a man and woman ballroom dancing is lovely. A man leading to showcase the woman's beauty. Nice imagery!

Effeminate traits in men are not good. Thinking like a female rather than a male, or physical weakness, are obvious traits that don't make anyone think 'he's manly!', but there is more to it than that. Those characteristics are important, don't get me wrong. I love how strong my husband and son are. The physical strength of men is by God's design and it is something to encourage and praise. Thinking like a man is critical. Goodnight, women are complex and the over-analyzing many of them engage in is wearisome. 

But I digress--back to men and what masculinity is!

Read on!

great book to get started weight lifting, but there are a few unsavory words

No comments:

Post a Comment